Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Idiotic Internet Articles about The Packers

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Which of our 3 is the murderer? They all seem like pretty decent guys.
    Hopefully sims, but the direct comparison would probably be the "2nd" guy kraft. I'd hate to lose him because he lost his patience with a Culvers teenage cashier and offed the poor kid.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I don't know much about the game any more, but I do wonder, in my "it's-still-the-90's" brain, if they could trot out two tight ends, an H back, and a running back, one wide receiver, and then have the option of running the ball - all that blocking! - or play action off that to one of those tight ends. Might be fun.
    You can do anything your personnel dictates. If Dillon is the H back and Lloyd is the RB then why not. Both can catch the ball at different levels of the field especially if Watson can draw a safety deep. Or you can just crush it with both TE's blocking. Taking advantage of guys that can do multiple things was fat mikes ultimate failure. You have Ty Montgomery and Cobb on the same roster and never took advantage of it. Criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    You can do anything your personnel dictates. If Dillon is the H back and Lloyd is the RB then why not. Both can catch the ball at different levels of the field especially if Watson can draw a safety deep. Or you can just crush it with both TE's blocking. Taking advantage of guys that can do multiple things was fat mikes ultimate failure. You have Ty Montgomery and Cobb on the same roster and never took advantage of it. Criminal.
    Mike would get a little crazy once in a while. I remember in 2018 vs the Rams he trotted out 4 TE's and a RB in a goal line situation. I was at that game and I remember watching them line up and counting them - somewhat in disbelief. I can't even remember if it worked. Most people remember that game because Ty Montgomery brought out a late 4 quarter kick where he was explicitly told to take a knee, and got himself cut as a result.

Mike would get a little crazy once in a while. I remember in 2018 vs the Rams he trotted out 4 TE's and a RB in a goal line situation. I was at that game and I remember watching them line up and counting them - somewhat in disbelief. I can't even remember if it worked. Most people remember that game because Ty Montgomery brought out a late 4 quarter kick where he was explicitly told to take a knee, and got himself cut as a result.
    But Monty also caught that with one foot in play if I recall. It was one of those things. He probably should have just let it go, but then if it spikes he's wrong as well. Cutting Ty after that was just one more example of fat mike being dumb as a stump. Its not like the guy made a mountain of mistakes and this was the final straw. No, tubby would rather watch AJ Hawk make 14 tackles 7 yards downfield game after game.

Which of our 3 is the murderer? They all seem like pretty decent guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Hopefully sims, but the direct comparison would probably be the "2nd" guy kraft. I'd hate to lose him because he lost his patience with a Culvers teenage cashier and offed the poor kid.
    Perhaps the comparison should have been Jackson and Chumura. Then Kraft would only be caught partying with high school girls after his playing days.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

ChatGPT
    -------------
    Title: Green Bay Packers Release David Bakhtiari: End of an Era

The Green Bay Packers made a significant and emotional decision with the release of David Bakhtiari, marking the end of an era for the franchise. Bakhtiari, a cornerstone left tackle, has been an integral part of the Packers' offensive line for nearly a decade, contributing immensely to the team's success on the field.

Drafted by the Packers in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL Draft, Bakhtiari quickly established himself as one of the league's premier left tackles. Known for his exceptional pass protection and agility, Bakhtiari became a key component in safeguarding quarterback Aaron Rodgers' blindside, earning multiple Pro Bowl and All-Pro selections throughout his career.

However, the decision to release Bakhtiari was not made lightly. The 30-year-old suffered a devastating ACL injury in December of the previous season, sidelining him for the remainder of the year and casting uncertainty on his future with the team. Despite undergoing surgery and rigorous rehabilitation, the Packers ultimately opted to part ways with Bakhtiari, citing concerns over his long-term health and ability to return to peak performance.

The departure of Bakhtiari leaves a significant void in the Packers' offensive line and locker room. Beyond his on-field contributions, Bakhtiari was revered for his leadership, work ethic, and commitment to the community. His presence will be sorely missed both on and off the field, as the Packers look to navigate the challenges of rebuilding their offensive line without one of its most dependable stalwarts.

For Bakhtiari, the release represents the closing of a chapter in his illustrious career with the Packers. Despite the disappointment of leaving the team he called home for nearly a decade, Bakhtiari expressed gratitude for the opportunity to play in Green Bay and the bonds forged with teammates, coaches, and fans. As he embarks on the next chapter of his NFL journey, Bakhtiari leaves behind a lasting legacy of excellence and dedication to the Green Bay Packers organization.

In the wake of Bakhtiari's release, the Packers face the daunting task of filling the void left by his departure. Whether through free agency, the draft, or internal roster moves, the team must find a capable successor to protect Aaron Rodgers and anchor the offensive line. The departure of a player of Bakhtiari's caliber undoubtedly presents challenges, but it also provides an opportunity for the Packers to redefine and reinforce their identity moving forward.

As the NFL offseason progresses, the Green Bay Packers and their fans bid farewell to David Bakhtiari with gratitude for his contributions and optimism for the future. While his departure marks the end of an era, Bakhtiari's impact on the Packers and the legacy he leaves behind will endure for years to come.

So many inaccuracies in that article, and yet people want to use ChatGPT to provide information and content. Kind of scary, in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    So many inaccuracies in that article, and yet people want to use ChatGPT to provide information and content. Kind of scary, in a way.
    Bow down to AI. The dawn of the end of civilization.

https://lombardiave.com/posts/jets-d...d-01hxsdjk45qs

"Not as a new offensive coordinator, but a title above who would run the show. The Jets had enough things they needed to address this offseason without replacing areas they're content with. That pursuit tells me, internally, there are legitimate concerns with Hackett's ability to successfully run things.

It almost feels like the Jets are putting so much faith in Aaron Rodgers' ability to correct Hackett's wrongdoings. Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line. They figure he can do the same come the regular season."

- Connor Hughes, SNY

Ok, Idiotic article. Many many times?? When? He played like 4 snaps, so is Rodgers audibling in practice and that's a concern? OK, its not really a packer article, but it was posted on a packers site.

edit: Although I am in favor of any article that points out something I said when MiLF hired him...Hackett is a moron.

As Bugs Bunny would say, “What a maroon.”
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack